Stove manufacturers had a good shake up lately.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
I heard that a few manufacturer of stoves have changed lately. Lenox, Danson/PelPro/Glow Boy, and Breckwell to name a few. I wonder if this will but some of them out of business. Just trying to stir the pot so do not get me wrong. Just asking what you heard.

Eric

HHT (Hearth & Home Technology) Just aquired Danson and will move their MFG to their plant.

USSC (US Stove) Just acquired Vogelzang. They also have bought our Breckwell a couple of years ago. They have acquired the distribution rights of Bosca in North America.

Lennox Hearth sold out to an Investment firm (Comvest). As of yesterday they have announced that FMI and Lennox Hearth have merged to form "Innovative Hearth Products" (IHP). IHP will likely soon become the de facto name of the merged company.

With the economy the way it is and with new EPA regulations coming up, you will see a lot more of this in the near future.

Reactions: jtakeman
and parts for older stoves to be discontinued I bet also

Another good reason to stick with the Englander name or another US made stove. At least for those of us who are in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.