Stove needs ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicklaus05

Oct 11, 2011
Chinook, Montana
Hello everyone. I am new to the site and very excited to be. It seems that there is a wealth of information on here which will very well serve me as a new burner.

I do need my stove identified. I took this thing in on a horse trade and have looked everywhere for any markings, stickers, etchings, and have not come up with anything.

Attachments

• summer 11 109.jpg
    summer 11 109.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 330
  • summer 11 110.jpg
    summer 11 110.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 338
  • summer 11 111.jpg
    summer 11 111.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 327
Greetings Nicklaus. No idea. It sure is a stout sucker. That top must be at least 1/2" thick. Did you check the back of the stove for a UL label?

Interesting old beast. I've no idea just what it is. Looks like provisions for convection around the firebox through an outer shell (intake grills on the sides, outlets up on the step-top). What the heck are those light-colored panels on the sides? And that handle sticking out from the bottom back on the left side? It would be interesting to see some pics of the internal construction/configuration...or at least read a detailed description of what's to be seen in there in terms of combustion airflow through the stove. Rick

Looks jacketed for sure. I think most everything else is frou frou. Just bling to make it more "attractive" in the home.

Does the stove have an internal baffle?

No UL listing on the back. The "Things" on the side are tiles, to make it more attractive like BeGreen said.

The stove does not have an internal baffle. The little handle sticking out on the bottom left side is for a fresh air intake (approx. 3" intake).
I would say that the metal is between 1/4" and 3/8" thick everywhere on this. Fire box is big, can get at least a 20-24 inch log in depending on if I go in diagonal. I am really looking to see what the manufacturer specs are for installation, for insurance purposes.
I will try to get pictures of the inside and backside when I get home tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.