Stove out of pellets? Hello...anyone around???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
M55, I decided to let my stove run out of pellets to try another type of pellet. I think it's out because the bin is 95% empty...I only have maybe 2 cupss worth in the depression of the hopper and only 1 or two pellets coming out the shoot every 30 seconds. I thought someone said that the hopper never completely empties....? Thanks, Bill

That sounds great. I find on mine that the stove will start putting out less heat once the pellets get low enough in the hopper to where the auger is not really picking up as many as it should. Enviro came out with a hopper plate that supposedly makes it so there are fewer pellets in the hopper when the stove finally shuts down. I personally haven't found a need for it yet, but I might do some experiments and see how much my stove empties the hopper before shutting off. Then install the new plate and see how much of a difference it makes.

Thanls....it was out! Loaded approx 60 pounds and back in business. It was the first time I deliberately ran out. Thanks

bostonfan49 said:
Thanls....it was out! Loaded approx 60 pounds and back in business. It was the first time I deliberately ran out. Thanks

My ex ran out on me, too....I feel your pain.

krooser said:
bostonfan49 said:

My ex ran out on me, too....I feel your pain.

She probably thought you were cheating on her with your pellets!!! ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.