stove parts stores online

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
In diagnosing my stove problems this season (again....), I've discovered that I need a new convection blower gasket as after i removed the fan for cleaning it literally broke apart into a million pieces.

The dealer probably wants a ton of money for this 1/4" piece of foam. Anyone know a good place online that sells these types of things? googling is returning junk or stuff with no pictures that i can't be sure its the right part.

http://woodheatstoves.com/index.php...cts_id=12136&zenid=tidb3fh7ff3m5kvg0nb2heovh4

is the best i've found, but again, no pic, so i'm not 100% certain its even the right thing.

woodheatstoves is a member here. Dave Gualt is his name. Send him a PM(woodheatstoves). He usually give us members a brake on the prices. He'll ship it USPS a little cheaper than the USP fee's.

Keep us posted.

thanks all for the vote of confidence :)

Brian,
sorry, i'll try to get Country parts pictures up/and cross reffed to cheaper parts this season

http://woodheatstoves.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=290_104&products_id=12138

download the parts list,
matching part numbers is always the best bet.
if its the same in your manual, the parts list, and our site, you can be pretty sure you're getting the right part

we dont have lots of room to discount this item until we find alt. part, it comes from Lennox, who charges a 10$ drop ship and handle fee on every order they ship for us-and only ships ups!

i wouldn't be suprised if this was a match, or if our shipping dept has come up with some other match...
http://woodheatstoves.com/whitfield-convection-fan-gasket-common-61057203-p-6194.html

Thanks, I just went to the dealer this morning. I want to be burning TODAY, so getting something online really isn't an option.

Wasn't too bad, only $22 w/tax. I was expecting 36+.

I'll likely order a spare from you to have for the next major cleaning.

I also picked up a ton of cubex this morning from BT, so i have a month or two of heat if i can get this thing running today :X

Initial notice, the bags are higher quality. no tears in any. Plus, i get to catch up on my french. It's nice to see a 2nd language NOT be Spanish for a change.

Stove: 3
Brian: 0

Well, I got the combustion side all back together with the new gasket and fired it up again.

Same thing.

does the start cycle, high flame.
start cycle indicator light goes off
heat should be blowing out at this point
let it run another 20 min and still not hot air blowing out of it.

Probably the convection snap switch or something.

Having lunch and waiting for it to cool and it's attempt #4 on this POS. don't ever buy this stove. worst $3500 i ever spent. stupid sales man. /rant

briansol said:
In diagnosing my stove problems this season (again....), I've discovered that I need a new convection blower gasket as after i removed the fan for cleaning it literally broke apart into a million pieces.

The dealer probably wants a ton of money for this 1/4" piece of foam. Anyone know a good place online that sells these types of things? googling is returning junk or stuff with no pictures that i can't be sure its the right part.

http://woodheatstoves.com/index.php...cts_id=12136&zenid=tidb3fh7ff3m5kvg0nb2heovh4

is the best i've found, but again, no pic, so i'm not 100% certain its even the right thing.

I have ordered parts from http://www.blackswanhome.com/ .. they are very good and they are in Connecticut.

briansol said:
Stove: 3
Brian: 0

Well, I got the combustion side all back together with the new gasket and fired it up again.

Same thing.

does the start cycle, high flame.
start cycle indicator light goes off
heat should be blowing out at this point
let it run another 20 min and still not hot air blowing out of it.

Probably the convection snap switch or something.

Having lunch and waiting for it to cool and it's attempt #4 on this POS. don't ever buy this stove. worst $3500 i ever spent. stupid sales man. /rant

INdeed, blower switch would be the next thing to look at. Are you getting any status blinking on the control board to indicate what the stove thinks is wrong?

Finally got it working. I have no idea what actually fixed it. I basically removed EVERYTHING, re-cleaned EVERYTHING, re-set EVERYTHING and it finally fired up and kicked over to blow air. Nothing was really even dirty though, as i had already cleaned everything a few days ago.

Ohh well, it's up and running now and that's all that matters.

It is quite possible that things got loosened while cleaning. This happens when motors/blowers get removed cleaned and remounted. The connectors used can lead to such situations not being noticed when you reinsert them.

So nice to wake up to a nice 70* house on a chilly fall morning.

Turning her off for the day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.