Stove picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
I don't think I ever posted a pic after my install last spring. I ended up with an Englander nc-13 I got with price match at Lowe's for $500. Install including liner was 2k. Looking forward to a warm house this winter!!

Attachments

• DSC07068.jpg
    DSC07068.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,583
Well that sure looks good tucked in there.

The steel stove looks great in that big stone fireplace.

I love butt-ugly steel stoves, and I particularly love them in beautiful hearth stove settings. Very, very nice! I moved your thread to the Perfect Picture forum...hope you don't mind. Rick

Actually...come to think of it...I'd have to call that absolutely dreamy. :)

Your hook billed friends should like it, too.

wow, that is some fireplace you got there. i usually only see stones that size on bridges, that must have been a hoot to construct.

Looks great, K !!! Enjoy !!

Ratman said:
...are those yummy pastries on the table?

Looks more like some sort of biology experiment to me. :p

Congratulations, Kathleen! The stove looks great and welcome back!

But, I do miss your avatar. :roll:

Thanks :) I'm very pleased with the result, and I am so appreciative of all the input I got here.

Delta-T I never really considered what it would have been like to put in those stones. Cabin was built in 1900.

Those are spring sprouters in the foreground. They are sitting ground level. Someone here gave me that idea and it worked great.

My av. You guys don't forget anything. Let me see if I can find a suitable pic.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Thanks :) I'm very pleased with the result, and I am so appreciative of all the input I got here.

Delta-T I never really considered what it would have been like to put in those stones. Cabin was built in 1900.

Those are spring sprouters in the foreground. They are sitting ground level. Someone here gave me that idea and it worked great.

My av. You guys don't forget anything. Let me see if I can find a suitable pic.

I didn't notice the 2 on the floor at first. I thought the one on top was a cake. Guess we know where MY mind is?! :lol:
Nice hearth setup too.

Looks great! Welcome to the NC-13 club!

You've done real well Kathleen. It looks great in that location. I'm looking forward to hearing how the stove works out for you this season.

Wow! Really attractive! The stove isn't ugly a bit, especially not in that setting. What is the story with the house/fireplace? Is it very old? That's quite a hearth.

it look nice and cozy. great set up.

Very cool! Love it.

Neat! I like how the clean simple lines of the stove contrast with the rustic 'earthiness' of the rest of the hearth/fireplace. Looks like a great place to climb into a comfy chair and spend a cold winters night.

Thank you. It's a log cabin built ~1900. It's part of an old resort where folks from Charlestown used to spend the summer. After renting for 20 years, it's my first house. There's never enough time or money to get everything done (same old sad song), but I love it. That hearth and the front porch are the best of it. Wormy chestnut walls are pretty nice also. The kitchen is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.