stove pipe questions....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TAC_Double

Feb 13, 2008
SW Ohio
I am finishing up the install on our Quadra Fire Cumberland gap. I have a few questions about the stove pipe first.

I am using the Dura-vent DuraBlack stove pipe. The stovetop adaptor I got was the 1677, but it does not fit snug into the outlet of the stove. Has some play in it. Is this ok? Or should I have got the double skirted one? Just seems like it's going to leak to me.... Does it need sealed with anything?

Also, Do I need to seal the joints of the stovepipe at all? Instructions do not say either way except for 3 screws per joint.

Thanks!

you can seal with stove cement if you feel the need to both on the collar and pipe joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.