Stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmatthews

Feb 23, 2009
PA
Can you use Class A chimney pipe for wood stove pipe? I would like to because of ceiling clearance. It will give me 2 inches instead of 8 inches using double wall pipe.

I don't see why not, and I almost did. The only issue is that they don't make a 90 deg. elbow so you'll have to use a tee to turn down to the stove.That may actually be handy for cleaning the horiz. run.
Don't forget to put some upslope on that horiz. Also, the stainless takes stove paint pretty well if you want it to. Clean it with solvent or denatured alcohol first.

2" clearance (12" hole for 8"o.d. pipe) is specified for the horizontal hole through the wall, wouldn't the same apply to the ceiling ?

Status
Not open for further replies.