stove vac

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
while shopping at Tractor Supply today, I came across a metal stove vac with a price of $99. I think that is about half the cost of what I have seen them for elsewhere on the Internet.
I can't locate the item on their web site, but they had about 8 of them sitting on the floor with their wood/pellet stoves and furnaces. (Augusta Me store)

Attachments

• H&CashVac.jpg
    H&CashVac.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 319
yes, Heath Country. Looked to be a good deal for that type of vac. I still vac my stove with a sears shop vac, but I am very careful not to vac out hot coals, and everything I take out of my stove goes into a covered metal can which is kept outside away from anything combustible. I use a reg. filter and have not found any more dust than I usually have. Empty vac after use and bang out the filter. Works for me for the past 3 years.

Not sure of the brand.... But Menards has one for $50. Looks pretty cheap, but not a bad buy.

GrahamInVa said:
If you do a search on hearth country vacs you can't find too many positive comments.

I used one all last winter with no issues. We had 5 Harman models
burning in the showroom CONSTANTLY & I serviced all
of them about every six weeks with a Hearth & Country vac.
I'd actually rather use that than a $250 Cheetah Vac.
I like the compact size of the H&C, so I bought one for home...

Status
Not open for further replies.