Stove won't light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flem

Dec 12, 2009
Western MD
Ignitor on stove is still good - tested out fine. Thermostat kicks stove on but ignitor won't get hot. Control panel is fairly new. Stove runs fine when manually lit. Trying to figure out why ignitor won't come on. Is there a high temp switch I'm missing or something?

Is there a fuse in the igniter circuit that is blown is the igniter actually connected to the controller?

is the firepot in the right way and fully seated ?

Burn pot is in correctly. I checked connections and fuses. Any other ideas? This one has me perplexed.

How did you check that igniter?

ETA: Check the voltage at the igniter connections when you turn the stove on, what is it? Be careful as it should be 120 volts.

Company I bought the ignitor from tested it for me. Thing got so hot it took quite a while to cool down. Good idea on checking the voltage. Will do. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.