Stove won't Start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReneeC

Jan 16, 2011
Eastern Shore, Maryland
I have a harman p68 that I am having problems with. On Monday I replaced the igniter and it was working great. I ran it for about 6 hours no problem. Yesterday I turned on the stove and got nothing. It was like it wasn't getting any power. I checked the outlet and it is working fine. I don't even know where to start looking. Does anybody have any suggestions???

Did you contact the dealer you bought it from? When you say no power, your seeing nothing light up on the control board?

power light on the control board lit up? if no power light...then you probably blew the fuse...did you replace the ignitor yourself?

the fuse is on the back of the control board....when replacing the ignitor is is easy to get the wires crimped in the bracket when you screw the thing back in, causing a short circuit, double check that. Next semi-common thing when replacing the ignitor is not pulling the wires back through the stove body leaving the plastic tab connectors too close to the burn area, causing the plastic to melt, tabs touch the burnpot and short circuit. double check that as well, before replacing the fuse, as always...unplug the stove before you do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.