stove wont stay running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When does it shut down, is it at the same time from pressing the start button or at random times?

Does the convection blower start at all?

Are there any flashing light on the control panel?

Check the owners manual, see if it is shooting a trouble code.

With my Mini, lights flashing means not enough vacuum to activate the safety switch. It's means my stove has an air leak.

bubbs said:
i cleaned it all lights flash up and down this problem all new to me

The stove starts and then stops correct, when it stops is it at the same time after pressing the start button?

When you cleaned the stove what did you do and was the stove off and unplugged?

A common reason for a stove to start up, light and then shut down at the same point after the start/run button is pushed is because of a bad proof of fire snap disc, or one that the connection has been loosened, it is also possible that the area behind that snap disc has become insulated by ash disturbed in cleaning.

Control should be flashing a code. Might want to dig into the stove manual to see what all that light flashing means???

Can you be more specific? How long does it run before shutting down? Is it always the same amount of time?

When was the last time it was cleaned?

Are you opening the door for any reason during this period of time (before shutdown)?

Status
Not open for further replies.