Strange error messages

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Audiestecroix

Dec 18, 2021
Wainwright alberta
I just bought a house with a Quadra fire Mt Vernon AE installed and was very excited it ran well for about a week. It’s not overly dirty it is currently giving me an error message “Comb Blower Over I” it’s not in any manual and I live too far from any serviceman. Any ideas? Or anyone come across this before?

I am not sure, but I did a search and it looks like the “I” means current. So it is saying there is an over current condition for the combustion blower…..or that would be my guess.

I would start there. Unplug it. Pull the combustion blower. Clean it really well and make sure it spins freely. Make sure the connections to it are clean and secure.

Check the specs on it. As long as it is a 120v, you can always test it by making a cord and plugging it in to the wall.

Hmmmm so I managed to get it running I watched a video on the control board and found that mine was set on two. I went through each setting (from 4-0) and I found that it being on zero it works. Each other setting gives me a different error or result. Hopefully this works I have it on 0 now and switched it to auto I’ll give it 24h before I call it fixed or not.

I am not sure, but I did a search and it looks like the “I” means current. So it is saying there is an over current condition for the combustion blower…..or that would be my guess.

I would start there. Unplug it. Pull the combustion blower. Clean it really well and make sure it spins freely. Make sure the connections to it are clean and secure.

Check the specs on it. As long as it is a 120v, you can always test it by making a cord and plugging it in to the wall.
Only thing 120 v on this stove, is the auger. All other components are 12v DC. kap
Hmmmm so I managed to get it running I watched a video on the control board and found that mine was set on two. I went through each setting (from 4-0) and I found that it being on zero it works. Each other setting gives me a different error or result. Hopefully this works I have it on 0 now and switched it to auto I’ll give it 24h before I call it fixed or not.
This stove is suppose to be on 0. Other settings are not, for this stove. kap

It is very dangerous to give out information about things you know nothing about.

Must of been a tad early for me, when i posted. Only thing 120v is the igniter, not the auger. My bad

Reactions: Mt Bob
It is very dangerous to give out information about things you know nothing about.

What is dangerous about what I said?

The part where I said to clean the combustion fan and make sure it spins freely, or the part where I said to check the specs on the motor to verify it was 120v…….and if it was they could make sure it spins as designed by applying voltage to it?

Or the part where I said I didn’t have experience with their stove, but I googled the error code?