Strong mill (Geneva) fined

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hoss that's an article from last year after the fire. (Published on Tuesday, Mar 9, 2010)

smalltown said:
hoss that's an article from last year after the fire. (Published on Tuesday, Mar 9, 2010)

You are correct, sir, can't even find the trail that got me to the old article, now. Humble apologies.

hoss said:
smalltown said:

You are correct, sir, can't even find the trail that got me to the old article, now. Humble apologies.

Hoss, They must have paid it. Looks like they are hustling out the product too! You get some to try this season?

j-takeman said:
hoss said:
smalltown said:

Hoss, They must have paid it. Looks like they are hustling out the product too! You get some to try this season?

No, I haven't , I just found out today that my guys at Winterport Wood Pellet are now carrying the 100% hardwood Geneva pellets, which are coming out of that mill as well, that's what got me into a search that brought the old story up, I guess, and a couple cocktails made me not paying attention before I linked to it, but there WAS something about them paying it. I guess the mill is still making the Maine Choice, too, that I burned a couple ton of in '09-'10, but Winterport isn't carrying those, I guess. IF I get room in the cellar before the snowbank gets up in front of the window, I may put a ton of those hardwoods in to try, we'll hafta see.

hoss said:
j-takeman said:
hoss said:
smalltown said:

No, I haven't , I just found out today that my guys at Winterport Wood Pellet are now carrying the 100% hardwood Geneva pellets, which are coming out of that mill as well, that's what got me into a search that brought the old story up, I guess, and a couple cocktails made me not paying attention before I linked to it, but there WAS something about them paying it. I guess the mill is still making the Maine Choice, too, that I burned a couple ton of in '09-'10, but Winterport isn't carrying those, I guess. IF I get room in the cellar before the snowbank gets up in front of the window, I may put a ton of those hardwoods in to try, we'll hafta see.

From what I gathered, The pellet house's will get the dibs on the Geneva. Maine Choice is available to them and also to the box stores. I got 2 bags of Geneva to try this fall. But haven't tried them yet. My neighbor has and he is impressed with them. Says his stove is happy and the wife is warm. Another fella I work with grabbed a ton and will be trying them later this week.

I haven't seen much Maine Choice around though. They must be concentrating on cranking out the Geneva's?

I know that Geneva makes Maine Choice are you implying that they also make a pelet called Geneva?

smalltown said:
I know that Geneva makes Maine Choice are you implying that they also make a pelet called Geneva?

Yep, See posted picture. I haven't taken a picture of the actual bag yet. But will once I start burning them.

Attachments

• 110303GWPwebbag_000.jpg
    110303GWPwebbag_000.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 396
I haven't seen any around yet I wonder if they are the same as Maine Choice, but in a different bag.
Also haven't seen any MWP softwood version anybody tried these two pellets?

Still burning OKIEs here as I got a real good price in the fall of 2010 plus winning the 2 tons didn't hurt either, but the OKIES are sky high right now about $298 a ton.

smalltown said:
I haven't seen any around yet I wonder if they are the same as Maine Choice, but in a different bag.
Also haven't seen any MWP softwood version anybody tried these two pellets?

Still burning OKIEs here as I got a real good price in the fall of 2010 plus winning the 2 tons didn't hurt either, but the OKIES are sky high right now about $298 a ton.

I'll post something once I burn the Geneva's.

The Geneva's are supposed to be Super Premium and the Maine Choice is Premium. Also supposed to be less moisture content in the Geneva's. 4% to MC's 6%

Still working on the MWP softies myself!

A few days ago, a bud offered me a bag to try. I had never heard of them. Perhaps I'll accept his offer.

I bought 2 bags today..$6.00 a bag..but can buy a ton for $220..00...will fire the stove up this week to try them...$220.00 for a super premium is a good deal...but the test burn will tell..

Great pellet bought 2 tons yesterday...great heat!!!...nice sized pellets...uniform in size...low ash...this will be my pellet of choice since these are made in Maine!!

I'm very happy with these pellets so far! looking forward to the remaining 3.75 tons I have left of them, until I pickup some okies.

Status
Not open for further replies.