Stung by a wasp!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch. Brings back memories of the time I cut right through a nest while limbing and cutting trees.

I had no idea that the nest was there until the first sting/bite felt like someone had punched me in the side of the head. I actually thought that the chain had broken and had come around and hit me. It was not a fun afternoon.

Hopefully you were able to get ice or cold water on it quickly.

I get stung on the finger by a yellow jacket at least once a year either loading the stove, or moving wood. I also have at least one buzzing around the living room in January. I've taken to giving every piece a good whack as I pick it up. I do enjoy the idea that I'm wiping them out ahead of season though...

Sissy, Shake it off!

Our current project is house painting and I've never seen so many paper wasps around the house. I paint almost naked if they get me well that's that, of course I get my share of paper wasps too. As of today I'm still a cherry boy.

cmonSTART said:
I was going to move some firewood around and didn't see the paper wasp nest underneath one of the wood pile covers. Darn thing stung me right on the forehead.

I got nailed early this year when stacking wood (forearm).

zap

smokinjay said:
Sissy, Shake it off!

LOL yea take yer skirt off.

Anywho that would stink to all hell cutting into a nest, concentrating on the cut and then "what the F".

One wasp? Scary stuff...:) While mowing one day I stepped in a yellow jackets nest...:) Ya talk about movin' fast...:) still got lotsa stings even under my tee-shirt and up my pant legs...anyway could of been worse. I lived to mow again another day...:) Franklin

I replaced a chase cover today and wow did I find a lot of dormant wasp and bee nests. Thankfully they were all dormant, but it goes to show you should plan an escape route.

I'm a huge sissy when it comes to stings.

I got nailed about 20 times last year when we were going to cut down some trees in my neighbours bush. Went to put my saw down on a cabinet that's been there for years and all of a sudden get swarmed. Fell running out of the bush and the buggers nailed me at least 20 times. Got stung again later trying to go back and get my saw.

This year, I had a nest of wasps living inside my hot tub actualy under the tub acrylic in between the outer cover and the insulation. Got sutng just going to open the cover one day. Had to take off about 3 side panels and dose it with the spray stuff to get them out of there. had another 12" sized nest under my deck that I had to get rid of this year too. Grrr I hate those suckers now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.