Sugar Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went back in tonight and bucked up a downed sugar maple (hard maple) we have some nice rounds out of this. I'll have to get the truck back in so I can bring it out in one trip, brought one load out tonight.

Here are some pictures from tonight, the last picture is the load I brought out.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0902.jpg
    100_0902.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 100_0903.jpg
    100_0903.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 393
  • 100_0904.jpg
    100_0904.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 389
  • 100_0905.jpg
    100_0905.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 415
  • 100_0906.jpg
    100_0906.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 424
Between you and Quads, your set ups make me soooo jealous. Looks like so much fun, kinda like vacation, LOL.

Zap looks like some nice toys. I just did the same thing, had a couple of huge oak branches down and a downed dead maple that I cut up. I have been bringing up a Quad load once or twice a day. I try not to bring more than I can split in an hour. Then go back tomorrow for another load. This way it is not to much of a mess at the house and it keeps me in my work out routine.

GolfandWoodNut said:
Zap looks like some nice toys. I just did the same thing, had a couple of huge oak branches down and a downed dead maple that I cut up. I have been bringing up a Quad load once or twice a day. I try not to bring more than I can split in an hour. Then go back tomorrow for another load. This way it is not to much of a mess at the house and it keeps me in my work out routine.

Gotta have the toys, stacking has to start again for me real soon I'm starting to get piles in the front and back of the house. I have two more areas around the house that needs some clearing so I can stack about 16 face cord.

Zap

GolfandWoodNut I'm starting to think about making a area back in the woods for splitting plus stacking because around the house is starting to get cluttered.

Zap

andybaker said:
Between you and Quads, your set ups make me soooo jealous. Looks like so much fun, kinda like vacation, LOL.

Well said-he has a very nice set-up there. Zap, how much land are you operating on there? Looks like your own little piece of heaven...

Status
Not open for further replies.