suggestions please on this DIY solar dehydrator

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
Got the Nigerian one started... Just need to make a covering on the tall part. the four sides plus top
I thought about black landscaping fabric till I get get some type of sunbrella or similar fabric in bulk or brown. Also like to use wood pine 3/4 inc thick pine bds. I have the are 6 ft tall and free. parts of palleting. That would go under the black fabric when Hubby gets the time.
Like to modify it with the Missoula unit. the roof part that is. Do y'all think the part at the top I under the "roof" is mesh or solid?
Oh for the racks got a used alum bakers rack and Hubby cut toys out of strong stroll mesh
thank all
The one is Sudan. .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDRcpUldBE

The Missoula one drawing is.

Thanks all