summer heat 55-SHP22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglew

Dec 12, 2006
new york
went to fire up my summerheat 55-SHP22 e2 code .power at motor motor not running only one winter run to warm up upstairs not my main stove stove .englander poor quality parts. motor fasco made in china .look for replacement just need motor only can anybody point me in right direction to purchase motor.will not by from manufacture junk motor englander use junk motors one winter use only .my breckwell main stove 6 years only part replaced igniter afer 5 year on off use 24/7 thats quality

Some of us had quality issues with the newer Breckwells as well. Fasco's have cheaped out on the motors.

If you could snap a picture of the motor label I can see if I can cross it to an A O Smith motor for you. Or post the numbers of the label. I'll do my best.

Just so every one knows Fasco has stuff from all over, what you get today may come from Mexico tomorrow from China the next day half from one place and the other half from elsewhere. They even have some stuff from the US.

Where I was originally from we call buying from such a company a crap shoot, just make certain the device gets stress tested during its warranty period, no need to spend more money and they have to go through the hassle, maybe then they'll learn.

I didn't get any hits on a cross reference. This is the combustion motor is all I can gather.

I need a picture and shaft diameter/length to be of any help. Shaft rotation might help too.

Sorry, But fasco plays games with the OEM stuff. Or it could be the stove manufacturer not allowing any reference for there replacement parts.

clean exhaust in July before my roto cuff surgery put bag over vent cap wind rip bag bird got down then up in to blower. clean out made new gasket rtv let sit over night motor good amp reading normal made screen for vent cap good to go .thanks granger has motor for 44.00 fyi. old motor fine now bird jam it

Attachments

• bird in combustion blower 1.jpg
    bird in combustion blower 1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 746
kinglew said:
.....wind rip bag bird got down then up in to blower.......good amp reading normal made screen for vent cap good to go.......old motor fine now bird jam it

After your first premature post, ripping the manufacturer, I think apologies are in order (after you remove foot from mouth).....big time.

"englander poor quality parts. motor fasco made in china .look for replacement just need motor only can anybody point me in right direction to purchase motor.will not by from manufacture junk motor englander use junk motors one winter use only"

Or maybe you'll blame Englander for your poor vent cover.

kinglew said:
went to fire up my summerheat 55-SHP22 e2 code .power at motor motor not running only one winter run to warm up upstairs not my main stove stove .englander poor quality parts. motor fasco made in china .look for replacement just need motor only can anybody point me in right direction to purchase motor.will not by from manufacture junk motor englander use junk motors one winter use only .my breckwell main stove 6 years only part replaced igniter afer 5 year on off use 24/7 thats quality

Yeah, It`s always easier to blame the stove when you don`t have the answers.
If your Breckwell was so good you should have bought another.

no apologies needed i stand be what i said englander use cheap motors +parts gaskets for one do a search on auger motors in this forum and you see how many people have replace motors gaskets etc .as for breckwell i bought another one in January big easy works great . only reason i bought the enlander lowes had a clearance on half price 950+ tax just use it to warm up upstairs of 3000 sq foot victorian home . breckwell heats the rest 24/7, go into 7 winter 1 igniter only . clean once a week never let me down never let me down . gasket still working fine .also you can reuse them not like englander . a enough said this is my opinion witch i have a right to .just stated fact

kinglew said:
no apologies needed i stand be what i said englander use cheap motors +parts gaskets for one do a search on auger motors in this forum and you see how many people have replace motors gaskets etc .as for breckwell i bought another one in January big easy works great . only reason i bought the enlander lowes had a clearance on half price 950+ tax just use it to warm up upstairs of 3000 sq foot victorian home . breckwell heats the rest 24/7, go into 7 winter 1 igniter only . clean once a week never let me down never let me down . gasket still working fine .also you can reuse them not like englander . a enough said this is my opinion witch i have a right to .just stated fact

Sad...just sad. Another person who just can't bring themselves to admit it when they (not the stove) are at fault.

Fact: you blamed the manufacturers "cheap motor", when in fact it was your cheap vent cover, and now trying talk yourself out of your mistake. Bottom line is that there was NOTHING wrong with the motor, or any part of the stove at all.

It was YOUR fault, not the stove. So just man-up and admit it.

Oh, and BTW, as for your claim that your Breckwell has only needed 1 ignitor since you owned it, it seems one of your past posts tell a different story:

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/46388/

It may be made in China but it is made to the specs that the company supplies. It is the companies based and made in china that have crappy parts i/e harbor freight. Anyways we had a bird in one of our Quad mt. Vernon stoves that stalled out the fan also this year.

i have work on 5 new englander 3 auger motor replaced also control board on 1. breckweel 1 igniter that what i base my opinion is readability of the englander stoves is not there also numerous gaskets etc sorry the facts bother some people . thank you have a good day

kinglew said:

" .breckwell 2700 4years old replaced 2 igniters run on off 24/7 that it. "

Heh,heh, the difference in your two above posts regarding the years and number of igniters used brings your credibility into question.

We all know that Englander makes a couple bottom feeder (low priced) pellet stove models and that some parts could be improved , (not unlike some other brands either). But the truth is many of us know this up front especially since the stove is priced significantly lower than many others and when you couple the cost with their * industry leading factory direct support * and easy to service design that can save hundreds of dollars in future shop calls , we think it more than makes up for a premature auger gone bad , gaskets , or even for having used Fasco motors made in China.
The obvious fact is it was your own fault and not the Fasco motor made in China. You need to own up to your own blunder.

imacman said:
kinglew said:

Sad...just sad. Another person who just can't bring themselves to admit it when they (not the stove) are at fault.

Fact: you blamed the manufacturers "cheap motor", when in fact it was your cheap vent cover, and now trying talk yourself out of your mistake. Bottom line is that there was NOTHING wrong with the motor, or any part of the stove at all.

It was YOUR fault, not the stove. So just man-up and admit it.

Oh, and BTW, as for your claim that your Breckwell has only needed 1 ignitor since you owned it, it seems one of your past posts tell a different story:

www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/46388/

+1 ...Good call Imacman,
If you don't like the stove...or it's parts, you shouldn't have bought it. Do some research before you buy. And don't knock the Manufacturer when there is no issue with them, you screwed it up........YOU!!!

sorry made type error in my post CORRECTION 1 INGNITER .IN MY OPINION ENGLANDER USE CHEAP PARTS AUGER MOTORS + GASKETS ETC SORRY THIS IS FACT DO SEARCH ENGLANDER . MY ORIGNAL INTENT OF POST WAS TO ASK A QUESTION ON MOTOR THERE WERE PEOPLE HERE WHO TRY TO HELP THANKS TO TO THOSE PEOPLE YOU NO WHO YOU ARE .OTHERS PRECEDE TO BASH ME FOR MY OPINION.my opinion.there are cheap stoves and good parts buy a cheap stove cheap parts = money spent on parts stove not so cheap any more . hence all the teck support with out it no sales for them this is my humble opinion . there all ways a few people who like to bash people and not help .

Status
Not open for further replies.