Summers Heat 55-SHP10L Venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbuff

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2007
Central NJ
Hello,

My brother just bought a new Summers Heat woodstove from Lowes and through the wall vent kit from there as well. My question is, how does this kit perform? We are planning to install it out a wall and then about 3 lengthes (3ft) up. Also, how far from a window do I have to be, and if I am above a window does that matter? Thank you in advance for your input.

PS- I am wood burner and have very little pellet experience so please try to keep explanations simple... :)

12" or more if exiting above a window.

4' or more if exiting to the side or below window.

Thanks Smoke; Just read your thread and hope you figure out how you'll do what you need to... Looks like my brother might have the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.