Summers Heat Bottom 3 Buttons

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0872

Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
MO
Called the factory today about the bottom three buttons on stove and they told me the settings where as follows

Low fuel feed 6

Low burn air 7

Air on temp 1

on my stove they where as follows

Low fuel feed 1

Low burn air 4

Air on temp 1

Can anyone tell me what change I will see with setting them to the factory settings. I have changed them just curious what this will do.

first off, did your stove actually run (while on 1 or 2) after the start up mode ended? i tend to doubt it with the LFF at 1. Did you buy this stove used? Resetting to factory will add more pellets to the fire while on heat settings 1 and 2. it will also turn the combustion air down. The LBA changes are less noticable. You adjust that to get a cleaner burn, IE less soot. I would leave it at 7. usually results in a cleaner burn, and faster ignition of pellets while in a Low burn situation. The factory settings are really just to be used as a starting point. Pretty much guarantees the stove will run. The goal is to get the LFF down as low as you can get it while still maintaining a fire. That way the stove will use the least amount of fuel on the warmer days when the stove doesn't need to be on heat settings 3-9. You will need to keep trying to turn the LFF down a notch every 30 mins or so, to allow for the stove to adjust the augers and the fire to react. If you turnit down too far, the stove will go out. So ga back the the previous setting, and you should be at your ideal Low Burn. This will be different from one pellet brand to another, and sometimes from one ton to another within the same brand. From what everyone at englander says, the On air temp should always be set at 1, and never anything else.

sc0872 said:
Called the factory today about the bottom three buttons on stove and they told me the settings where as follows

Low fuel feed 6

Low burn air 7

Air on temp 1

on my stove they where as follows

Low fuel feed 1

Low burn air 4

Air on temp 1

Can anyone tell me what change I will see with setting them to the factory settings. I have changed them just curious what this will do.

depends on which model stove you have if its a 25-ep series then the settings of 1-4-1 are correct , any other model they are off. post what model and mfg date unit you have and i will tell you the proper settings for the unit

sc0872 said:
Model 55-SHP10 Purchased from lowes 1 week ago.

i have the same stove and my factory settings were 6/4/1. i now run mine at 4/7/1 and it works pretty well. with my stove at the factory settings the fire was way to hot with the heat range setting on 1 and i was burning about 1.5 bags per day. so i cahnged the lff to 4 and it's just enough to keep the fire going on 1 and i burn a bag in 24hrs at this setting. hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.