Summer's Heat / Englander Stove shuts Down after a few Seconds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tvcocco

Dec 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I checked this site and couldn't find my exact problem so I'm asking for help!!
I have a 55-SHP22 model. I'm getting a E-2 then an E-1 code after I start the pellet stove just after a few seconds. According to the Englander site this might mean it needs a new blower. I thoroughly cleaned the stove and chimney and when I took the panels off I watched to see if the blower was working. It was. I don't know alot about pellet stoves but I could see the blower blades spinning without any problem but then it shut right down.
I don't want to buy a new blower if that isn't the issue. So even if it appears to be working could it still need to be replaced? I looked at the circuit panel and everything looks like its connected. Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

E-2 is fail to start E-1 is vacuum loss u checked all the wire but did u check the vacuum hoses
did it run before?

How did you clean the chimney?
It is possible to dump a lot of ash in other parts of the venting or stoves exhaust path cleaning a chimney. This could also cause a vacuum loss, as the exhaust is blocked.

tvcocco said:
.......According to the Englander site this might mean it needs a new blower. I thoroughly cleaned the stove and chimney and when I took the panels off I watched to see if the blower was working. It was. I don't know alot about pellet stoves but I could see the blower blades spinning without any problem but then it shut right down.

Which blower are you talking about? If you mean the combustion blower, how do you know the blower was running at the correct speed?

If it was, then what Smokey & Phatty mentioned above could be the problem....excess ash in the exhaust pipe and/or in the vacuum hose that feeds the vacuum switch.

I had this issue before. In my case I found the vacuum hose cracked where it attached to the combustion blower. If you find this to be the case, you can probably cut the cracked part off and reattached. If it won't reach, I keep several feet of 1/4 inch fuel line handy.

Panhandler said:
I had this issue before. In my case I found the vacuum hose cracked where it attached to the combustion blower. If you find this to be the case, you can probably cut the cracked part off and reattached. If it won't reach, I keep several feet of 1/4 inch fuel line handy.

I had that happen to me also. I changed the vacuum hose and presto!

agree w/vacuum loss - had this happen when i accidentally installed the vac wires to the wrong terminals on the vac switch.

check the resistance across the terminals on the vac switch to find the correct terminals. the 2 terminals that read closed when the stove is on but open when its off are the right ones.

this wont help tho if your vac line is cracked or your door is open or your combustion blower went.

Status
Not open for further replies.