Summit Baffle Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willhound

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2005
Northern Ontario, Canada
Calling all fellow Summit owners. Removed my baffle today to sweep my liner and when I tilted the baffle up and off the air inlet tube, I noticed that a small corner of the gasket stuck to the baffle. I carefully re-installed the baffle with the piece still on there, and I'm reasonabley sure things are sealed OK for now as secondary burn is working as usual tonight.
Are these expensive and do dealers usually stock them ? Anybody ever try pipe cement ? (Yeah....I know, probableyh stupid question)

Willhound

I would think a dealer would stock them. They shouldn't be very expensive I would think 10 bucks tops. Gasket cement may work but would recommend the gasket.

Willhound said:
Calling all fellow Summit owners. Removed my baffle today to sweep my liner and when I tilted the baffle up and off the air inlet tube, I noticed that a small corner of the gasket stuck to the baffle. I carefully re-installed the baffle with the piece still on there, and I'm reasonabley sure things are sealed OK for now as secondary burn is working as usual tonight.
Are these expensive and do dealers usually stock them ? Anybody ever try pipe cement ? (Yeah....I know, probableyh stupid question)

Willhound
Nope , Not a stupid question. ITEM PART "BAFFLE GASKET" part # 3139.5 I had one tear on mine, I called the dealer and they called Pacific Energy and i had 1 FREE in the mail with in 1 week. Com-mon Wilhound ........ Get with it. Its a Pacific Energy item. Its free sailing once the stove is paid for. ;-)

Roospike said:
Willhound said:

Willhound
Nope , Not a stupid question. ITEM PART "BAFFLE GASKET" part # 3139.5 I had one tear on mine, I called the dealer and they called Pacific Energy and i had 1 FREE in the mail with in 1 week. Com-mon Wilhound ........ Get with it. Its a Pacific Energy item. Its free sailing once the stove is paid for. ;-)

Whoo hooo! My favourite price, Free ninety-nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.