Sun & Fun

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
A beautiful November day. A little sun and some splitting.

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 502
Figured you were full of it so I checked the online weather for your location just to check. 70* in November is NUTS. Shoot we have some summers that barely touch 70*.

68F here tonight, Nate. Low of 45F.

No fires :)

We're looking until Friday night.

Sweet ;-)

Gunna been cold tonight as well. It's only ~6:30 and it's 3*.

NATE379 said:

Yikes - that's nippy.

Nate, we'll check back about January 20.

tamarack said:
NATE379 said:

Yikes - that's nippy.

Without pics, didn't happen!

I am so jealous. This 60 °F crap sucks in November. We need the ground to freeze up B4 the {real} snow comes, There is still so much water here, it's likely to be messy all winter in the woods and plowing :shut:

I'm digging the warm weather. It was 70 yesterday. I spent the whole day outside. Won't be many more like this for awhile.

Besides, we got robbed of our FALL with our Halloween Blizzard.

Shoot, it's nice to be outdoors in short sleeves in November!

Yeah, I agree. It's been wonderful here the last couple of days. Woke up this morning with a yard covered by leaves. This will be my 3rd trip out to rake probably with another trip or two after this one. I have 7 trees on my property. Can't wait till the day they're converted to firewood.

I took yesterday off and was in short sleeve shirt most of the afternoon...it was great! Finally got the last of this year's wood into the shed, all small engines are "winterized", snow plow fluid changed along with snow blower repaired and a few other small jobs done. Normally I would be grunting about wasting a day off to do work but it was all outdoors with several beverage breaks on the deck. It's been so nice we have been burning short fires in the morning and night for DHW and the wood is lasting a long time.

This November has been surprisingly warm . . . as much as I like the snow and sledding . . . I kind of like the warmer weather too. I spent several hours cutting down and bucking firewood . . . and a few hours clearing the snowmobile trails with the snowmobile club on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.