Sunrise workout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowroadacres

Minister of Fire
Aug 18, 2009
MB
The last two mornings I hiked the mile down to our woodlot to split Ash rounds that the FIL had cut and the MIL had stacked....

Methinks tomorrow morning I am going to feel this in my shoulders....

The pile of splits started out as the same size of pile as the rounds about half an hour prior.

Given that I have been spoiling myself with a rented splitter and using my friend's firewood processor this was a good wake up call to get my butt in a higher gear for getting stronger and in better overall shape.

We almost have our next year's wood stacks complete and the dilemna now is to where to start stacking for 2013-2014 and for sale.

Great problems to have.

Apologies for the camera phone picture quality in low light.

Attachments

• Early Morning Maul Workout 3.jpg
    Early Morning Maul Workout 3.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Early Morning Maul Workout.jpg
    Early Morning Maul Workout.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 335
What a way to start the day! I can really only think of one better way, and it only keeps you warm for a few minutes, whereas that work right there provides you with several stove loads to heat your whole house!

Danno77 said:
What a way to start the day! I can really only think of one better way, and it only keeps you warm for a few minutes, whereas that work right there provides you with several stove loads to heat your whole house!

LOL!!

Nice work by the way! Great way to get the day going!

Splitting ash is always fun, especially if no knots.

Backwoods Savage said:
Splitting ash is always fun, especially if no knots.
LoL. I should amend my post to say that it's great to split wood in the morning IF it's easy stuff. Heading out to the stack to split some knotty oak and working on a round for half an hour would be a sure way to piss me off for the rest of the day!

Nice work lowroad. The best kind of exercise and "therapy" out there. Peace and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.