Sunrise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy Billy

Minister of Fire
Dec 10, 2008
Britton MI
Its -5.8f and I am outside in my jammies trying to take a picture of the sunrise. Its amazing how much more the eye sees than the camera. I had a hard time trying to get a picture that was not all washed out.

181999_1476093237265_1681757389_886406_353894_n.jpg

181996_1476083277016_1681757389_886396_5207970_n.jpg

Billy

Still looks great Billy.

Zap

Thanks Zap

Billy

I enjoy taking photos . . . in fact most of our "art work" in our home are photos taken on our (wife and I) trips together . . . but as much as I enjoy photography and think I'm half decent at it (having shot some weddings and even had some photos used for book covers -- don't get too excited . . . they were only for large print editions) . . . there are times when I simply put the camera down and do not even attempt to capture the panoramic view and/or colors around me . . . sometimes the image is just too much to be contained by a still photograph. That said . . . not a bad photo or two.

Looks more like dawn to me.
:)

Looks cold. . .much like outside my front door right now! But these high pressure systems sure provide for some beautiful starry nights!

Gee Billy. You made me cold just thinking about it. Seems a snowmobile suit would be better than the pj's.

Franks said:
I think we need a picture of Billy in the Pjs at -6 degrees.

Should we have the HEARTH.COM snuggie.

Zap

Attachments

• spiderman-snuggies-590x499.jpg
    spiderman-snuggies-590x499.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 342
Thanks Jake

I could probably do better if I understood the manual modes better. But it was a case of take it or not. It did better when I focused more on the sky the snow was throwing the white balance way out.

Thanks Kathleen

Franks and Woodsplitter

I'd feel better if the women were asking for that! LOL! Nothing fancy just flanel joe boxer pants.

BillB

No Dawn was the waitress that called me up and wanted me to light her fire! When I got there I found the furnace was out and I had to relight the pilot light.

Uper

I can't wait until the northern lights start picking up.

Dennis

I did grab my coat and muck boots. There was no wind and the only thing that froze was my hands.

Zap

A 45yr old guy could get arrested wearing that down here!

Oh well at least it warmed up for me to get some hay.

182036_1477500072435_1681757389_888379_4725532_n.jpg

Billy

And it appears the hay is appreciated.

Yep Dennis

There's no doubt he's a hay burner!

Billy

Cool Wood Splitter

Billy

Was you up that early or just coming in? Anyone with the handle Cowboy you have to wonder....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.