Super 250 almost finished

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Ready to run it in wood.

Starts as reliably and any new saw, think the oiler issues are taken care of and the thing got a little spray paint on the filter cover and also on the fuel tank that I had to replace. A few new gaskets were used when I reassembled it and the bar is being cleaned up a little more.

I still have plans on a new bar and have been eyeing a 27" bar that would require converting to a rim sprocket instead of the stock spur sprocket and running 3/8 chain on it (and also modding it to fit my mounts). This sounds like a plan to me, but will set me back a few bucks, so first I'll be finding a new chain (completely busted the used chain when I was testing out the oiler.

Then I need to search around some more because I seem to have lost the Felling spikes or dogs for it. I don't wanna have to order those since I know they are around somewhere.

Maybe some videos when I get the new chain and tune it a little bit.
7df48115.jpg

d1d368e4.jpg

That's awesome Danno. Love them big old Mac's :coolsmirk: Back before the mid-late '80's when they went to crap.

Can that muffler be 'swiveled' to direct the exhaust differently? I know some of the SP & CP 105/125's were like that,their predecessor the Super 797 also I think.

danno, Looking good. love them old dogs. nice to see one get saved from the scrap yard. you gonna run 404 chain?

I often wonder how many of these have been tossed away over the years.

Thistle said:
That's awesome Danno. Love them big old Mac's :coolsmirk: Back before the mid-late '80's when they went to crap.

Can that muffler be 'swiveled' to direct the exhaust differently? I know some of the SP & CP 105/125's were like that,their predecessor the Super 797 also I think.

+1 That looks like a keeper!

Thanks, guys! I'd rather have a CP or SP 125, but until then, this will hafta do!

The bar that is on there right now will get a new .404 on it since I blew out the old one. The new bar and chain may be a 3/8 if I get a rim sprocket conversion on.

I'm so excited because I just ordered a 32" NOS bar for this! It's going to soooo fun! I'll definitely take pics when I get it into some wood!

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1414186134.234461.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1414186148.938887.jpg

Just need a couple of bar plates to arrive and to order the chain!

Status
Not open for further replies.