Super Cedars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptoneleg

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2010
Virginia
Isn't there usually a sale on S C this time of yr or did I just miss it, anyway need to get some ordered. I uaually get an e-mail from them.

Was thinking he did it early when he was giving out free samples?

They had a 10% off sale a couple weeks ago. I still need to order some to.

As many codes as tehy run i bet you could ask for 10% and say your a hearth member and they will give it to you.

I am still waiting to try mine. Not that i dont trust you all. But i got some samples this summer and i want to try before i buy!. I thought there was no point to them but after looking at the 3rd party chart on how fast they get up to temp and long they last over fatwood that i usually use i was almost ready to order without trying!!

I think i will still use fatwood to boost a reload from small coal bed but from initial start looks like they will be the ticket.

I dont have many cold starts i usually burn 24/7. Once winter starts i might have 1 or2 a week?

Isn't there usually a sale on S C this time of yr or did I just miss it, anyway need to get some ordered. I uaually get an e-mail from them.

Just contact Thomas. (nwfuel) Send him a PM (Conversation).

Thanks all is Good just made my order------

As many codes as tehy run i bet you could ask for 10% and say your a hearth member and they will give it to you.

I am still waiting to try mine. Not that i dont trust you all. But i got some samples this summer and i want to try before i buy!. I thought there was no point to them but after looking at the 3rd party chart on how fast they get up to temp and long they last over fatwood that i usually use i was almost ready to order without trying!!

I think i will still use fatwood to boost a reload from small coal bed but from initial start looks like they will be the ticket.

I dont have many cold starts i usually burn 24/7. Once winter starts i might have 1 or2 a week?

Yes . . . on a reload with hot coals I never use a SC . . . I toss on some kindling and splits . . . my wife, who is infinitely more patient than me, simply throws on some small splits and waits.

Definitely give the SC a try before you buy . . . but to really be convinced . . . just use half . . . or a quarter . . . and place with some small splits or just two or three pieces of kindling . . . it's crazy how long these things burn.

I would guess that you will be like me . . . once you start going 24/7 you will not use the SC as much as you will during the shoulder season with the one-time fires to get the chill out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.