super spliter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marreque

Feb 22, 2010
Fall River, Massachusetts
just ordered myself a fiskars super splitter. been using a *lb maul from HF, hope this makes my splitting life a little easier.

I have one as well, made me feel like a beast swinging it so hard, Im use to a 8lb maul, make sure to get the sharpener for the axe, it makes a differrence, the head of the axe is carbon steel I believe really sharp from the factory

good tool you wont be disapointed. does everything 8lb maul will do but you dont swing as much weight.

Mine came in today. I am looking forward to trying it out !!

I can split for a lot longer time with mine than swinging the 8 lb. maul. Just remember to be extra careful to keep your feet spread so you don't catch a glancing blow to the feet or legs.

Uper said:
I can split for a lot longer time with mine than swinging the 8 lb. maul. Just remember to be extra careful to keep your feet spread so you don't catch a glancing blow to the feet or legs.

Thanks for the advice.

Ashamed to say that I am sort of accident prone, but the years have taught me to be more careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.