Sure, I'll help you improve your view......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
My neighbor across the street (we are good friends) has a house that sits on a hill and has a ~ 40 mile view. Unfortunately (for him) trees have grown tall enough at the base of his field (on the view side) that the view is now fairly obstructed. Fortunately (for me) He asked if I wanted to help improve the view by dropping trees, and I can have all of the wood. We started yesterday - dropped a big white pine and white ash. I'm only taking the hardwoods. Looks like there will likely be ~ 10 cord of red oak, white ask, red maple, black birch, and a smattering of other stuff. This is in addition to about 3 cord of downed trees at an abutting property to my neighbors that I have permission to take. Looks like it will be a busy fall for wood! Cheers!

Nothing better than knowing you'll be warm.

pen

It couldn't get much easier than that unless it was your backyard.

The best scrounge is the one that you can walk to. Nice to get a couple/three seasons of wood within a literal stones throw.

Shawn

Absolutely everyone - should be a relatively easy way to get a lot of wood without a big hassle. Will likely have to sell some - but I've been thinking about selling 5 cord per year anyway and buying grapple loads - figure I can sell five and buy at least 8-10 cord of log length. We'll see! Cheers!

NH, that sort of sounds like mana from Heaven!

Backwoods Savage said:
NH, that sort of sounds like mana from Heaven!

100% Dennis! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.