Surface Mounted Temperature Sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCPABill

Feb 10, 2011
NorthCentral PA
All,

Thanks for the help, past and present - it is greatly appreciated by someone who is do-it-yourselfing, without know-what-you're-doing at the same time!

I'm about ready to set my storage (propane 500 gallon) tanks. I would like to be able to know the temperature on the tanks, say top, middle, bottom. I need this simply for knowledge of tank temps, not to be tied into controls. At one point someone wrote about a temperature sensor which they used "enough duct tape to hold a small child" to install on the surface of the tank, but I can't find that thread.

Any suggestions for a low budget, simple solution?

Thanks again to all of you,

Bill

Try Accentshopping Azel temperature sensors dual readouts they can be remotely mounted approx 54.00$ each I just ordered 2
For my 500 gallon propane tanks should have them tomorrow .Hope this helps

I bought mine from Cozy Heat but I suspect you could find them on Ebay for cheaper. I think I paid almost $30 each...which is more than a good shopper should have to pay for a simple digital thermometer with a probe. I'd give you the link to gauge I bought but Cozy's website appears to be down at the moment....

Status
Not open for further replies.