Swinging is believing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stegman

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2011
Sterling, MA
Broke out my new Fiskars X27 for the first time today and I was simply amazed. It totally lives up to the hype. I couldn't believe how easy it splits. It didn't even really need to be swung. I could just raise it over my head and drop it on the log and the splits would go flying.

Feel bad for my maul though. It's going to get lonely just sitting in the corner of the shed.

my thoughts exactly. I have the x25 and it is a beast. Have split some real big locust rounds with it and it ha taken care of all but the ugliest ones. My pile for the log splitter is very small. I am sold on it. Watch out for your shins!

I have a pro splitter and upgraded to the x27. Being 6'3" I feel I have less of a chance of putting it into my foot or shins. And yes, love it.

Moved to The Gear forum. Rick

The smaller one, I think the x17 maybe? is on my xmas list. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't tear a hole in santa's bag and fall out on the way to my house.

Ditto X27

Love my 27 also impressed with my "One Hander" X 11, great for carrying on the ATV and a 1st class kindling maker

Status
Not open for further replies.