Taking the chill off the basement in milder weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love my Woodstock. Fired her up tonight when spending time down here watching a movie. A wonderful little space heater and on natural gas, doesn't add much to my heating cost. This is vented outside, which to me is still preferable for those willing to spend a few bucks extra on installation. If you plan on staying in your home for awhile, the extra cost is well worth the lack of moisture and peace of mind of not having unwanted by-products in your space.

Non vented heaters aren't even legal in many locales. I can't see how they would be safe!

The demand is from those who want a cheap heat source, & are willing to deal with (or ignorant of) the downside of room-vented appliances.

What I like about the venting is that I can leave the appliance on and not worry about any moisture or gas issues.

Reactions: DAKSY
Not legal in MN. One reason is buildings here a being built so tight. I visit KY often and most older homes are not at all airtight. They still sell alot of kerosene heaters. No thanks. I have a Jotul ventfree in-on a screened deck. Great for those first morning coffees in fall and spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.