Talk to me about pure sine inverter generators that work with harmans.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. See post above. If above ground tanks, 2-3 (even 100 gallon "fatboys") may be needed as vaporization drops when cold. You're not going to reliably power a generator of any size on grill tanks...
The kit says 12hp or less and they have a kit to gang tanks together. I don't really want to do this anyway but thought I'd post the link for those interested. I do have an 80 gal tank ( I think it's 80 gal, maybe 100, that is at my house for the hot water and gas ranges here). Personally I'd rather have a 30 gal gasoline tank or better yet a diesel gen. Diesel stores way better than gasoline and you can use home heating oil in a pinch, just add anti gel.. I think my gen is 9 HP, hmm 9 hp diesel engine, I'll have to look that one up !!

Reactions: Madcodger
Status
Not open for further replies.