Tarm 202 - Wood Burn Time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

springtucky

Feb 17, 2009
Leelanau Co., MI
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at buying a used (cheap) Tarm 202. I'm a little leary of the size of the firebox on this unit (14'" deep) and I would like to know from anyone has owned one of these - what's the most time I can expect to get from a load of dry wood in this fire box?

I'm looking to heat a slab in a small (900 ft2) new home, with very good insulation (SIP panels), so I'm attracted to a smaller boiler like this one. Also the price is a selling point (of course). I cut my own wood, so it's not like I'll have to recut purchased wood, but still a wood pile 14" deep is going to look mighty funny next to the house.

Thanks for your help,

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.