Tarm exc 2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolidge

Dec 16, 2008
Maine
I recently aquired a used Tarm 2000 series boiler. It is a duel fuel. The guy i got it from didnt want to mess with it anymore(doesnt hold pressure). Does anyone think it would be worth the time and money to rebuild this thing?I bought it just for the doors, my old MB 55 had cracked doors from being left open. Suggestions?

Is the 2000 a gasifier? I would rebuild it but I can weld so it would be relatively cheap and easy for me. How much did you spend on it?

Yes it is a gasser, it is in pretty good shape, the refractories arent too bad and i have all the controls with it.I do know how too weld also so thats not a big deal. Not really interested in the oil side of the boiler but could make good backup, i have 45 acres with old growth that needs to be thinned. I paid $330.00 for it.

Did you bring a gun to get that price because you stole it! I would rebuild the 2000 and use the MB55 for parts.

No no guns! I am buying quite a bit of stuff too hook up the 55. Right now is the busy season for me, so i wont have time to repair the gasser so i am going to try out the 55 for this winter with 250 gal of storage. It has to be better than my Englander add on. I might sell it too so i can get a gasser for just wood( NO OIL at my house).

Status
Not open for further replies.