TARM EXCEL 2000 FAN PROBLEM -- Any suggestons?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimCroft

Mar 3, 2009
Hudson valley NY
I am a big fan of the intelligent conversations on this forum. I gave gained alot of knoweldge.. I hope that you guys have some wisdom to impart.

I have a TARM excel 2000 with 620 gal STSS storage tank with pressurized loops. While burning a load of wood with the boiler at operating temp, I would hear a "chatter" in one of the control boxes which sounded like a relay cycling quickly. The fan would then quit. I would shut off the boiler and turn it back on and the fan would start and operation would continue. This was an intermittent problem.

Now, I find the fan still running long after the load of wood is gone. I have adjusted the stack temperature monitor but it has no effect. I have the boiler plumbed according to the TARM recommendations. I have shut off the boiler but this closes the zone valve to the storage tank so my reserve haet is inaccessible.

Is my sensor in the stack bad or is a relay shot? Any ideas? Thanks for your help

Tim

just to clarify, this was an intermittent problem, so you don't get the chattering anymore, now the fan stays on too long, and does this happen all the time?

I'd get out the multimeter and try to trace what isn't working, especially if you have a schematic or wiring diagram. You could check for loose wires first, then check to see if the stack sensor opens and closes contacts (assuming it's on/off and not variable), then check to see if the relay is getting voltage when it should and not when it shouldn't, or just wait until somebody reads this who has had this problem and can tell you EXACTLY what to do instead of shooting in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.