Tarm Solo Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder

Mar 17, 2008
upstate new york
For some reason today I have noticed air coming from the secondary air control knob on my Solo 40. Is this normal?? The air is coming through the hole where the knob is located and is pretty substantial. Just wondering. Thanks in advance

Mine has done that since it was new, but usually only when I have a roaring secondary burn. If I push the knob back towards the boiler it usually stops it. I haven't seen any adverse affects. Mine is the Scandtec version, but I think the secondary air setup is the same design.

I have never noticed that happening before on mine. Make sure that the secondary air port isn't plugged up inside the firebox with ash or creosote. I think it is located somewhere on the inside just under the door opening. I would think if that was plugged, then the secondary air would come of near the knob instead out going into the firebox? Just a thought...

I thought it would go away or stop but the air leaking still continues. If i hold my hand next to the secondary control knob i can feel the air coming out pretty well as well as hear it a bit. I just dont ever remember it before. It is always coming out no matter what type of fire or how far into the burn it is. Everything else looks alright. Stack temps 500, burn looks good pretty confused at this point. not sure what to check the ports in the door opening seem fine.

lawandorder said:
For some reason today I have noticed air coming from the secondary air control knob on my Solo 40. Is this normal?? The air is coming through the hole where the knob is located and is pretty substantial. Just wondering. Thanks in advance

Have you called BioHeat? I've heard they are pretty good on tech support, and it sounds like the kind of thing they should be able to answer pretty easily...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.