Tassimo coffee maker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Burning Hunk
Nov 25, 2011
N.W. Alabama
I have a BOSCH Tassimo Coffee Maker that cost over $100.00. For those who are not familiar, it makes individual cups from a small packet.
Anyway, it stopped working and I called the company.
The rep asked for identification numbers on the bottom of maker, asked what the problem was and asked how long I had owned it. I stated "two or three years"
After a brief wait, he asked my name and mailing address. I asked "what for"? and he informed me that they take care of customers and will send me a NEW maker and all they require is that I send them the old one and they pay postage!
Just refreshing to have some customer service in today's market.
Ooh--this maker is made in Germany

Giles said:
I have a BOSCH Tassimo Coffee Maker that cost over $100.00. For those who are not familiar, it makes individual cups from a small packet.
The rep asked for identification numbers on the bottom of maker, asked what the problem was and asked how long I had owned it. I stated "two or three years"
After a brief wait, he asked my name and mailing address. I asked "what for"? and he informed me that they take care of customers and will send me a NEW maker and all they require is that I send them the old one and they pay postage!
This is good to know. We have one as well. It is the greatest freaking thing ever. I can't even drink Starbucks or other so-called fancy coffee shop drinks without thinking about how much better mine is!

Maxwell house sells two of my favorite T-disks. One is Caramel Latte Macchiato and the other is just a regular Latte Espresso. They are sooooo good.

what sort of problems did you have with yours? I have only had to clean mine once since we got it, and also i found that if it starts being really weird, that if you clean the little lense that reads the T-disk barcode, that it can help a lot. this thing cost more than I've ever spent on a coffee maker, but it is sooooo worth it.

Danno77 said:
Giles said:
This is good to know. We have one as well. It is the greatest freaking thing ever. I can't even drink Starbucks or other so-called fancy coffee shop drinks without thinking about how much better mine is!

Maxwell house sells two of my favorite T-disks. One is Caramel Latte Macchiato and the other is just a regular Latte Espresso. They are sooooo good.

what sort of problems did you have with yours? I have only had to clean mine once since we got it, and also i found that if it starts being really weird, that if you clean the little lense that reads the T-disk barcode, that it can help a lot. this thing cost more than I've ever spent on a coffee maker, but it is sooooo worth it.
The problem was that I was making a cup of coffee and coffee was spilling all over counter. Lucky for me I was close by so I quickly shut it off. Upon cleanup, I noticed a small tear in the disk beside the punched discharge hole.
After this it would not heat and would not shut off--continued to dispense water.

Sometimes when it failed to work, I would simply run my finger across the barcode reader and it would work.

Quality customer service . . . something that some companies do very well at . . . and others fall flat on their face.

If I drank coffee this would make me take a pretty good look at this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.