Technology

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
Ok, so I know Im behind the times according to alot of you but...

This is my first post from the couch. Now Im not talking new laptop folks, I'm talking laptop, hooked to the flat screen, with a wireless keyboard and mouse! If anyone else out there has a computer capable of being hooked to the tv and you havent done it, get off the internet, go to radio shack, get the necessary cables, and enjoy!

Havent done it sitting on the couch with wireless mouse & keybord, but i ve done it many time to watch online video, slowly thinking about suscribing to netflix

Bocefus78 said:
Ok, so I know Im behind the times according to alot of you but...

This is my first post from the couch. Now Im not talking new laptop folks, I'm talking laptop, hooked to the flat screen, with a wireless keyboard and mouse! If anyone else out there has a computer capable of being hooked to the tv and you havent done it, get off the internet, go to radio shack, get the necessary cables, and enjoy!

Just need the cables.

zap

you guys are way behind...I'm not even using a computer...just my mind powers...and this keyboard, and this moniter, and this fancy blueteeth touchpad thingy that apple makes....and my mind powers of course.

If you know what your looking for for cables....

Http://www.monoprice.com

Even their top shelf stuff is much less $$ than Best Buy/Radioshack etc. I've been using a few of their cables for some time now and no issues whatsoever. Sweet deals on flatscreen TV mounts there too.

The only thing missing is someone to tell you exactly what cables you need!

I need to get the box to stream to. Right now, I have an older desktop/wireless setup via an hdmi cable to the tv.
Problem is that my newish laptop is a quad core I7 and it supposedly won't work with the box. May have to enlist the wife's laptop for this endeavor.
I also can hook up the laptop to tv via hdmi, but that's a pain.
Mind powers don't work here......too much interference. From what, I don't know. It just doesn't work. Hmmm
I'll have to check out the "Apple tv" thingy.

Webmaster said:
For 99 dollars, I got the little apple TV, so I can stream netflix and youtube, etc. without cables from the old laptop......
I was reading about this "apple tv"...seems to work pretty well?? I have recentlt aquired the Ipod touchy, and am finding all kinds of neato things to make it do around the house. I find the apple tv very interesting.

Delta-T said:
you guys are way behind...I'm not even using a computer...just my mind powers...and this keyboard, and this moniter, and this fancy blueteeth touchpad thingy that apple makes....and my mind powers of course.

I know what you are thinking....

I'm not really sure why I would need the tv? I have a wireless mouse and keyboard plus a nice monitor that is larger than our tv. But then, we just have an old tv that is rarely even used. Once and a while we turn it on and find it is not really enjoyable to watch the idiots so it just stays off most of the year. Well, I did watch the super bowl and a few of the playoff games. That was the first time since the previous year's super bowl. No. We are not tv watchers.

Jags said:
Delta-T said:

<---doubles up on the tinfoil

Delta-T said:
Jags said:
Delta-T said:

I hope you are using the Reynolds heavy duty foil Del...
You are a cheapo and prolly using the generic brand.....just sayin...that stuff ain't worth chit.... :p

GAMMA RAY said:
Delta-T said:
Jags said:
Delta-T said:

I hope you are using the Reynolds heavy duty foil Del...
You are a cheapo and prolly using the generic brand.....just sayin...that stuff ain't worth chit.... :p

right on the box it says

"compares to Reynolds Heavy Duty"...they wouldn't lie to me? would they? I prefer the word "thrifty". "Cheap" is the sound a small bird makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.