TempWood Stove & Bio-Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMonte

Nov 10, 2014
Freedom, NH
Hi, I am new to this forum.

I have an old TempWood stove which is at least 30 yrs old and am wondering if I can burn Bio-Bricks in it ?

Last edited:
A 30-year-old stove is long past its warranty, so that won't be an issue. If you think the stove is safe enough to burn cord wood, I don't see why you can't burn pressed wood logs...

Reactions: smokedragon
A 30-year-old stove is long past its warranty, so that won't be an issue. If you think the stove is safe enough to burn cord wood, I don't see why you can't burn pressed wood logs...

Darsky,

Thank-you for response . It burns a chord of wood with no problem . I think I will try a few.

You may actually like those better than cordwood in that old stove. Easy to start and they burn hot.

I'm sure you can burn them......but don't use too many at first , they burn hot ! I'd start with 3 or 4 bricks...watch your temps , and go from there. I love them to start a fire , and stack some oak on top , works really well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.