Termovar loading unit question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimde

May 27, 2009
Northeast WI
Can anyone tell me? I am thinking I will order a termovar loading unit to install in my pressurized dual tank setup. My solo 60 is 10 feet from the two storage tanks. What I want to know is if the termovar has 1.25 inch fittings and my tanks have 1.25 inch fittings , is it worth the effort of installing 1.5 inch piping for the parrallel plumbing if it has to go through 1.25 fittings on both ends. The reason I ask is because my boiler is already oversized for my heating loads. I want to be able to move as many BTU.s to storage as possible to prevent idleing. Will the diameter restriction in the termovar and the top of tanks make it not worth it?

If your looking at the Tarm Loading unit I would suggest calling Bioheat. They are great to work with, and Chris from Bioheat is usually around this board so maybe he'll chime in with something. Chris if you do read this the Wigglers are all well and good in Wiggletown......

It might be a pain, but go with the 1 1/2. I was told the 1 1/4 would not restrict it too much at all. If your tanks have really long nipples @ 1 1/4, then maybe just stay with that the whole way.

Get a few more opinions before you proceed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.