Testing pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
going to start testing heat temperatures with different pellets. i figured i would ask instead of going at it blind.
While testing do you read temps at all settings? or just on highest ? Right now im running at low 24/7 not sure if thats a good test setting

while searching i see posts about tests by " Jay " testing every brand? anyone have a link to those test results? ( newbie so i dont know who Jay is yet :) )

j-takeman said:
Heck, I don't know who this jay fella is? But he sure seems to cause way to much trouble around here!

one thing about this place , ask and you shall receive :) thanks J

hey watch it my name is jay but I don't have the patience
to do all that much appreciated testing :roll:

I do it on Low. But thats where I run 90% of the time. I would say test where your going to use it the most. Because thats when you will be looking at it the most and you will have a good baseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.