Thank you Santa!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elkbelch

Sep 20, 2007
Santa brought me a new splitter this year.
It is a Brave EZ-split. I am happy to report that this baby surpassed my expectations. It is an 8 ton gas splitter.
And I did not expect this kind of performance from this size splitter.
I had some old pieces of Elm I had tossed to the side, you know the ones with ten or twelve maul marks in them.
The EZ-split went right through them! I also split some 24 inch Hedge just for fun. I had nothing in my pile that could stall this thing. I eas truley impressed!

Thank you Santa I will be good the whole year!

elkbelch

Attachments

• DSCN0040.JPG
    DSCN0040.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 463
eba,
I just split some wood today. I really like this splitter but I did get it to stall today it was on a 24 inch hedge "Y". I was splitting off small chunks and I got greedy. I later tossed this piece to the side as I could not get any more off it.
My wife paid 599.00 for it and I picked up the receiver hitch mounting thing yesterday. I have split the better part of a cord with this in just a few hours.
The small motor is rather quiet and that is nice.
And by the way it was made in the USA.
I put in a few pictures of what I have split and the stubborn "Y".

elkbelch

Attachments

• DSCN0074.JPG
    DSCN0074.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCN0071.JPG
    DSCN0071.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN0072.JPG
    DSCN0072.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 297
Status