thanksgiving day stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onetracker

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2011
rondout valley ny
thanksgiving has always been the time for us to bring in our primo hardwood for the winter. change up snow tires. pull out winter clothes, drop the storm windows...probably my favorite time of year...getting ready for winter.

here we're stacking 2 year seasoned cherry/oak/maple/walnut. we'll stack about 2 cords in the basement which should take us to about mid february. then about another cord or so followed by whatever shoulder season wood i have put aside. for the next couple of years its gonna be pine.

Attachments

• fall 2012 firewood stacking 006.JPG
    fall 2012 firewood stacking 006.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 212
  • fall 2012 firewood stacking 007.JPG
    fall 2012 firewood stacking 007.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 201
  • fall 2012 firewood stacking 008.JPG
    fall 2012 firewood stacking 008.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 278
  • fall 2012 firewood stacking 009.JPG
    fall 2012 firewood stacking 009.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 209
Wow looks great, Like the way your wood apears to have outgrown its shed.

Good workout to have to burn off all the Holiday calories.
Looking great. 2 cords for 10 to 11 weeks is pretty efficient . Maybe you get winter this year
Fall is a great time of the year. ;)

Seems a lot of folks use Thanksgiving weekend to get ready for winter. There are some nice wood stacks.

Good job tracker, I bet you built up an appatite and that turkey and stuffing didnt stand a chance.

Good job tracker, I bet you built up an appatite and that turkey and stuffing didnt stand a chance.

yeah but the in-laws....well, that's another story

Status
Not open for further replies.