That old ash tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
Almost all cleaned up, got some nice rounds out of it.
Since it was dead standing, some of those rounds exploded open with a loud bang. I had to stand clear.
The poison ivy came right off with the bark.

WoodButcher

Attachments

• DSC_3763.jpg
    DSC_3763.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 520
  • DSC_3750.jpg
    DSC_3750.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 505
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 506
I'm itching already! Nice work. Cheers!

I have to say I'm very happy that all the poison ivy I've seen up this way doesn't look much like an ivy . . . can't ever recall seeing it entwined around any trees . . . those photos of the poison ivy look nasty.

I am battling a case of PI now that I got from cutting up a cherry tree on a hot day that had small PI vines on it. I attempted to pull off the vines before cutting to but still ended up with the rash.

Nice looking wood and nasty looking PI. I have some trees on my property that have PI vines on them just like that and it's some nasty stuff for sure.

WOODBUTCHER said:
Since it was dead standing, some of those rounds exploded open with a loud bang. I had to stand clear.

WoodButcher

Many times ash will explode open whether dead or not. Just one more reason to like ash.

Backwoods Savage said:
WOODBUTCHER said:

WoodButcher

Many times ash will explode open whether dead or not. Just one more reason to like ash.

I hear tell that Dennis can simply wave his arm over a bucked piece of ash and it splits in half like the Red Sea before Moses. . . . ;)

Jake is at it again!

Backwoods Savage said:
Jake is at it again!

What do you mean "again" . . . I never stopped. ;) :)

How are you doing these days Dennis . . . you sound much better physically . . . which is good . . . just got a notice the other day from Woodstock about the summer get together and I thought of you.

Nice job and your smart not to burn the ivy. Not good for your health. Be safe.
Ed

firefighterjake said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Jake is at it again!

How are you doing these days Dennis . . . you sound much better physically . . . which is good . . . just got a notice the other day from Woodstock about the summer get together and I thought of you.

Hey Jake. Yes I've been a bit better. I even got a little bit of wood stacked this morning.

So, are you going to the summer get together?

Backwoods Savage said:
firefighterjake said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Jake is at it again!

Hey Jake. Yes I've been a bit better. I even got a little bit of wood stacked this morning.

So, are you going to the summer get together?

If at all possible . . . yes . . . I would love to make the trip . . . partly to see the Woodstock plant and see these great woodstoves being made . . . but mostly to be able to just shake some of the friends' hands I have made over the past few years here at hearth.com . . . and yes . . . that includes you Dennis. I even promise not to bring up the topic of how to best split wood.

Well thanks Jake. I do hope we can meet soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.