That's the last of it!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
I spent the first part of the bruning season burning slab wood that was 50% punk....then some punky ash. That wood is not-so-sadly gone. I burned it like it was going out of style....over a cord already.

Now I'm down to my mid-grade wood....cherry and ash. I moved over a cord into the basement this weekend...hopefully that will get me deep into December.

I have the cutting itch again....time to start stocking up for '16/ '17!

Being so far ahead must feel pretty good.
I understand, I want to be out cutting too.
It's fun work. :)

Burn that stuff up... I am about half done with a ton of cotton wood I got last year.
I am mixing it with a couple smaller rounds of mulberry to give it a bit of umph....
I still have about a cord left.

I have a face cord of hickory I am burning on and off thru the holidays then on to the Black locust, cherry.
We will see how far that gets me. I have about a cord of mix scrounges for back up.

I have been bustin my butt to get a jump on next year, might have 3+ cord piled up to stack. Hard maple, cherry, mulberry.
I have a big oak dead standing just waiting real close to home.
I also have a good size ash a couple cherry and walnut I am going to snag in the next week or so.

maybe come January I can hook up with Smokinjay and get some truck loads to get that much more.

Lukem it appears your timing was about right. You get the bad stuff gone before serious cold gets to you. Now you have better wood so we'll put in a request for the temperature to drop so you can once more enjoy burning good wood.

Looks like the request was approved. Supposed to get colder by the end of the week. Thanks for your thoughtful consideration, I guess...

Colder temps are coming, hopefully some snow as well. I'm stuck splitting until this muddy mess we have freezes and then I can get back to clearing out some woods! Did I mention its only 3 miles from the house and its all MINE! LOL....:)

lukem said:
Looks like the request was approved. Supposed to get colder by the end of the week. .

wishlist said:
Colder temps are coming, hopefully some snow as well. I'm stuck splitting until this muddy mess we have freezes and then I can get back to clearing out some woods!

You guys either like winter, need to move to Alaska or are nuts :) :lol; LOL
Be careful what you wish for ;)

lukem said:
That wood is not-so-sadly gone.

Don't go dissin the lessers, they have their place in the arsenal as long as they are free and easy.

bogydave said:
lukem said:
Looks like the request was approved. Supposed to get colder by the end of the week. .

wishlist said:
Colder temps are coming, hopefully some snow as well. I'm stuck splitting until this muddy mess we have freezes and then I can get back to clearing out some woods!

You guys either like winter, need to move to Alaska or are nuts :) :lol; LOL
Be careful what you wish for ;)

If it were up to me, it would never get below 30 or above 80. I don't know how you guys do it up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.