The Alien Craft That Landed in Our Hayfield and Other Miscellaneous Photos!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
It was an interesting day! Well, at least for a simple guy like me. Cuttin' wood like usual, hauled one load up, and when I shut the ATV off I could hear a snowmobile running. What the heck? But the sound of the engine was coming from up above!

But first, last night's sunset:
IMG_2393%20(1280x720).jpg

Last night's evening Moon:
IMG_2395.jpg

And here is the Alien Craft as it flew over my head:
IMG_2441%20(1280x720).jpg

Here it is just after it cleared the silo:
IMG_2433%20(720x1280).jpg

The Alien exited the craft after it landed in one of our hayfields:
IMG_2444%20(1280x720).jpg

Actually, I had never met this guy before, but my cousin had given him permission to use that hayfield for an airport. It doesn't matter to me, as long as he doesn't kill himself out there. Or doesn't knock the chimney off of my house!

Attachments

• IMG_2393%20(1280x720).jpg
    IMG_2393%20(1280x720).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2395.jpg
    IMG_2395.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 69
Quags those are the best so far, the wife loved the shot of the moon.

Thanks
Zap

Well, Quads, regarding the Alien: Awesome! Did you tell him you thought the sound of his engine was a snowmobile 'in the sky'? Neat pics, all of them. I've been know to 'chase' a hot air balloon or two - never caught one though! :)

Shari

What planet is that from?

As usual fantastic pics . . . loved the farm at night and the moon.

Thanks everyone!

And Shari, I did tell him I thought it was a snowmobile. He laughed, and said it's powered by a 440 Kawasaki snowmobile engine, so in a way I was right!

quads said:
Thanks everyone!

And Shari, I did tell him I thought it was a snowmobile. He laughed, and said it's powered by a 440 Kawasaki snowmobile engine, so in a way I was right!

I was going to post that most ultra-lights are powered by sled engines . . .

I have one of those alien types that actually sells and trains for the darn things. If it is calm and clear, you bet that at some point he will be around.

He said he was going to fly it again the other night, but I never saw him. Maybe it wasn't the right conditions or something. Anyway, going to a hot air balloon rally tomorrow!

rotax (sled) engines are in a lot of these, and even some "real" looking lighter aircraft, the new light sport aircraft catagory of aircraft has given them a big market share of what mostly only belonged to Continental and Lycoming powerd pilots.

Status
Not open for further replies.