The birds of my backyard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan

Apr 24, 2010
PEI, Canada
Just thought I would share some pictures of the birds that hang out behind my house. I have a fairly large stream that makes up my property's southern border, it is a tidal stream with frequent smelt and gasperaux fish runs and it draws in birds from all over, especially eagles.

Here is the stream:

DSCN0088.jpg

And here are some bird shots, wish I had a better camera:

DSCN0833.jpg

DSCN0857.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg

DSCN0774.jpg

DSCN0684.jpg

DSCN0812.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

And I could post on hearth.com without including my wood pile

DSCN0925.jpg

I am behind with my wood this year, although I am currently processing 12 cord this year to get a year ahead, time was used up last year building a new house behind my 115 year old piece of crap house, here are some pics of the old house coming down last Tuesday, new house is nothing special, but built it myself and cost less than 70k CAD to build, I am a plumber by trade, father and uncle are carpenters, first cousin is an electrician, and the father-in-law does cabinetry so there was big savings right there.

DSCN0879.jpg

DSCN0881.jpg

DSCN0894.jpg

DSCN0897.jpg

DSCN0874.jpg

By the way I am located in PEI, Canada, beautiful little province in Atlantic Canada.

Nice pics, thanks for posting!

Great pics . . . including pics of that famous PEI dirt.

Wow Morgan. Looks like a great place you have there. The birds just top it off nicely.

Yup the good old red island dirt, to top it off I have a indoor yellow lab who loves nothing more than hauling her fair share of that red stuff into the new house. I can't wait for the grass to come up, I have since had the yard bulldozed, raked and seeded (wrong time of year to be planting grass I know) Hopefully if I keep it watered I will have some grass up soon............one can hope I guess :)

Thanks for the pics....as nice a place as it is I would have a hard time getting any work done!

Status
Not open for further replies.