The Brook in the Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I was coming out with the last load today and decided to take some pictures of the brook when I saw the Eagle in the distance. (bad picture)

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2566-1.jpg
    100_2566-1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 543
  • 100_2567-1.jpg
    100_2567-1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 501
  • 100_2565-1.jpg
    100_2565-1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 514
Eagle must be after the fish??
Great photos

bogydave said:
Eagle must be after the fish??
Great photos

He's always around the brook plus the river is right across the road.

Zap

On my way to work I see a eagle almost every day, In the spring when they are nesting you see them carring fish and small animals.

That always seems to add to one's enjoyment when you spot an eagle. Nice pictures Zap.

I'll not forget one afternoon when I happened to be standing and just looking out the window. Suddenly over the house can an eagle and it landed about 50' from the house. That would have been a nice time to have a camera handy.

north of 60 said:
Looks like from a story book Zap. I like it.
Cheers

Thanks NO6, today I was getting ready to drop a dead standing maple near the brook and this hawk happened to be flying over but by the time I grabbed the camera he was out of range. The snowy owl hasn't been around this year for the first time in three.

Zap

Lookin good Zap! Calling for a messy mix here in CT...but VT could get pounded. Hoping for a good weekend on the slopes....

[quote author="Skier76"

Skier76, NOAA is calling for 13.5 of heavy wet snow for our area so tonight we'll push in some wood plus make sure the generator starts just so we're ready. This might make getting back in the woods tough.

Zap

Found out we got about a foot at the place in VT. And more on the way for Saturday. And "maybe" next Tues/Wed.

As someone who skis, I couldn't be happier.

Skier76 said:
Found out we got about a foot at the place in VT. And more on the way for Saturday. And "maybe" next Tues/Wed.

As someone who skis, I couldn't be happier.

We received the same in our area and this weekend they're forecasting 1-3 inches. :coolsmile: Just ordered some chains for the front tires of the Rhino so I can still get back in.

Skier76 when you look at my original post in picture number one there is a big pine tree leaning over the brook, when I came around the corner the eagle took off from the top of the pine, guess he was fishing and I'll have to get the camera ready next time.

Zap

That's cool zap! It would be neat if you could get a picture of him.

Looks like something big may be brewing for mid/end of next week. I'd love to be skiing in some deep fresh snow.

Skier76 said:
That's cool zap! It would be neat if you could get a picture of him.

Looks like something big may be brewing for mid/end of next week. I'd love to be skiing in some deep fresh snow.

Skier76, thanks for the heads up on the weather that way this weekend we can push in all the wood we need for the next two weeks. Looking forward for a week of 30's.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.