The Earth Stove NF2000I very hard to start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgcable

Hearth Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Milford, CT
This is my 3rd season with this pellet stove insert. It has always been hard to start. Its worse than ever now.
Here is my procedure and has been for years. Its a manual start unit. Open the door, put a very small handful of pellets in. Give a generous squirt of starting gel. I light it and I let it sit with the door open for about 5 minutes. If I close the door it will usually go out.
I hit the start button and close the door and it starts feeding pellets. What usually happens is it keeps feeding pellets until it completely chokes out the flame. I then get a misfire. Occasionally it will spark up during the start up and everything is good but that's 1 out of 5.
Very frustrating. I am using Home Depot Pellets. I think they are Premium wood pellets. Whatever Home Depot is selling this year. I bought a ton. I notice a lot of ash too. Dark ash. Way more than last year.
Anyway.... I could really use some help on this.

Use a blow torch for about 60 seconds on a handful, always worked for me with my old Whitfield

Status
Not open for further replies.