The end of 2012 suppose to get a little CRAZY ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmelch1

Dec 7, 2010
Chesapeake City, MD
I saw a web site advertised on the TV while watching the Weather Channel , and again while tuning into CNN , although I like Fox News !!! , saying the Country could (would?) get a little crazy in the near future. I'm thinking better safe then sorry , so My question is , and I know it's been discussed , How many Solar panels and battery's would it take to keep the pellet stove running ??? and at about what cost ??? Thanks

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!! Running around like with head cut off.

This was only a test....... :cheese:

"I just want to go out like a “Pellet Pig ’ WARM !!!!!! 70-76 degrees , with a clean stove and a aggressive flame !!! "
Ha! I like it 76-82! (but only one room) I have a slow metabolism. And speaking of calamity, I live near Crescent City and thought about driving into town to photograph the wrecked harbor, but that's 12 miles, which is one gallon of gas, each way, so I'll just wait for the newspaper tomorrow. To bad the town is so small that it doesn't even have a single TV station. I forgot about the radio which probably carried some live coverage. The harbor master lives about a block from me and told me that the harbor is open so that means that everything in the water got whacked but the level ground is about 10 feet or more about the water level so the harbor buildings weren't harmed, thank goodness. There's some nice restaurants there, and a cool RV park. Too bad about all the damaged boats that are moored there in the seemingly "safe" harbor.

Yeah, sorry to see the damage to Your coast , I think We got caught off guard even though We knew parts of the coast were going to get slapped around a bit !!! The damage to Japan 'mind blowing", Let's hope they get those reactors under control or things are going to get real UGLY !!! , The World is just plain out of control !!!

I Know the Europa uses the same electric as a 25 watt lightbulb on the low setting. Wouldnt need much of a panel just for that.

I just KNOW Al Gore's global warming is gonna kick insoon up here....I just know it...after all, how can the self-proclaimed "inventor of the internet" be wrong?! even a broken watch is right two times a day....

Lousyweather said:
I just KNOW Al Gore's global warming is gonna kick insoon up here....I just know it...after all, how can the self-proclaimed "inventor of the internet" be wrong?! even a broken watch is right two times a day....

A failed divinity student is apt to be wrong on just about anything.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Lousyweather said:

say it isnt so!

Lousyweather said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Lousyweather said:

say it isnt so!

Was watching Fox Business News this morning and Neil Cavuto was interviewing someone, who was saying that the global warming crowd had already started blaming it on the earthquake. I'm not sure who the guest was but he was saying as most sane people should, that this is just another way for this group to stay viable, by blaming an act of God on "global warming". By the way, I thought this crowd abandoned that term and now favor "climate change". This way they don't have to worry about warming or cooling, they can just take their pick.

countk said:
Lousyweather said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Lousyweather said:

say it isnt so!

Was watching Fox Business News this morning and Neil Cavuto was interviewing someone, who was saying that the global warming crowd had already started blaming it on the earthquake. I'm not sure who the guest was but he was saying as most sane people should, that this is just another way for this group to stay viable, by blaming an act of God on "global warming". By the way, I thought this crowd abandoned that term and now favor "climate change". This way they don't have to worry about warming or cooling, they can just take their pick.

there are those who would say that ANYTHING related to Fox News is pure, evil, racist right wing propaganda, promulgated by Rushbo and others in an attempt to sway the poor uneducated masses over to the right wing side of things. It takes an elite, well-educated, left-thinker to see the facts as they really are.....lol.....so now, they use "climate change", so, me, moron that I am, can attribute the winter we are just leaving (cold and very snowy), to "climate change" rather than the old buzz term of "global warming".....

I see a closed thread in our future...

Don't forget about the "super moon" on the 19th of this month.....the moon is supposed to be at it's closest since 1992 and this time it will be a full moon....
not sure how this matters but can affect the tides etc.....who knows if it can cause more earthquake or volcano incidents......things are getting a little out of control.....makes me glad of my faith and hope! Be safe all......

New sales pitch, "With every stove purchase get your choice of a Chinese SKS rifle or a generator.".

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
New sales pitch, "With every stove purchase get your choice of a Chinese SKS rifle or a generator.".

Eric

I already have BOTH!!! The little SKS is a sweet little gun but heavy as heck. Plenty of stripper clips loaded and ready to go. :)

They were saying on the news tonight that the earthquake actually altered the axis of the earth by, I think it was, 10 inches! And it sped up its rotation by, hold your breath, ...... 1.6 microseconds..

Status
Not open for further replies.